iOS NETWORKING APIS
- Game Kit
- Bonjour: Apple's implementation of zero configuration networking.
- NSStream: Cocoa level API built on top of CFNetwork that serves as the foundation for NSURLConnection and is intened for lower-level networking tasks.
- CFNetwork: The CFNetwork API is layered on top of the fundamental BSD sockets and is used in the implementations of NSStream, the URL loading system, Bonjour, and Game Kit APIs.
- BSD Sockets: The basis for most Internet activity and are the lowest level in the networking framework hierarchy.
- RUN LOOPS: Represented by the class NSRunLoop, are a fundatmental component of threads that enable the operating system to wake sleeping threads to manage incoming events.
Run Loop Modes